The Kyriazis Medical Museum is the first medical museum in Cyprus, opened by Health Minister Dr Stavros Malas in October 2011. Aiming to safeguard the history and tradition of the healing arts in Cyprus, the Museum has already collected several hundred medical items, books, and framed documents relating to all aspects of the practice of Cypriot medicine, from antiquity to the 20th century.
The Museum was founded by Dr Marios Kyriazis, a descendant of four generations of doctors and pharmacists in Larnaca. It is housed in a traditional restored and listed town mansion, donated by Dr Kyriazis, in the centre of Larnaca near St Lazarus church. A substantial donation by Dr Marios Kyriazis includes items and books inherited from his grandfather Dr Neoclis Kyriazis (1878-1956) and from his great grandfather Dr Antonios Tsepis (1843-1905) both of whom practiced in Larnaca.
Many other doctors from Cyprus have since donated instruments, equipment and books. All items and furniture in the museum are donated. We have not paid to buy any item!